Dear Members of South Leicester.
Hope you all are well and enjoying using Neighbourhood Link. I have checked recent crime stats for our area which are as follows:
- Burglary on Shanklin Avenue – Officers attended on reports of an alarm going off and males appear to have ran away on foot towards Palmerston Way. Unfortunately the suspects made good their escape. Officers found that the beading removed from a window and the glass panel was leaning on the side. Nothing appears to be stolen and still under investigation.
- Burglary on Wyndale Road – insecure premises suspect taken electrical items Apple computer and phone. (Remember to lock your doors and windows!)
- ASB on Laureston Drive Knighton – 2/3 calls over couple of hours one evening. Evidence of Nitros Oxide use in the street.
- Theft From Motor Vehicle on Brinsmead Road – Loose coins, USB disc and cables stolen
- Theft from Motor Vehicle on Northcode Road – Expensive Sunglasses and personal contents stolen. Unknown entry to the vehicle.
Freeman Ward (Saffron Est):
- ASB – On the Fairway off Road Motorcycles
- ASB outside the Sturdee Road Coop causing issues.
- Similar issues ASB regarding motorcycles in the Aylestone Meadows area.
- Brighton Close – issues with ASB, smoking drugs and littering
- Theft from Motor vehicle on Ingrams Way, Wigston - Fishing equipment stolen
- Reported possible drug dealing around the area of St Pauls Close, Severn Road.
- There has also been breaks on the parade which is currently under investigation.
- Theft from Motor Vehicle on Cottesmore Avenue – Car Battery stolen
Most of the above could have been avoided. Please remember and make this a daily routine to lock windows and doors of your premises, ensure valuable contents are removed from vehicles. If you have a keyless entry in vehicles remember to use signal blocking pouches or keep the keys away from your main door.
PCSO Ali Haq
Wigston Police Station