Dear Members of South Leicester.
Hello, Hope you all are well? Just to let you know I am currently in the process of making a user guide for Neighbourhood Link and how to join or create a Neighbourhood Watch scheme so will be sending this very soon just so you can all get the most out of the system using this easy to use guide.
As per my previous message I sent out on 12/06/18 about ‘Suspicious Circumstances’ in Oadby involving a Blue VW Passat. I have had a trusted Coordinator member from Neighbourhood Watch who has clarified with me that this particular vehicle with the four males in the car was actually waiting for someone and it was verified so all was ok. It just shows that having Neighbourhood Watch and bringing communities together can make a difference when we can share information together.
- Burglary – Shed break on Stoneygate Avenue. Bike and double bike trailer stolen. Lock been forced open.
- Burglary – Shed break on Wyndale Road. Chainsaw and drill has been stolen Lock been forced open.
- Theft from Motor Vehicle – Unknown entry to vehicle on Wyndale Road. Suspect takes expensive Macbook and iphone from boot of vehicle. (Please remember to take items out of your vehicle including the boot of your vehicle).
- Burglary – Garage broken in on Aylestone Drive near to the area between Eastwood Rd and Cheriton Rd. Two bikes stolen one being a normal Mountain and the other is an electric bike.
- Theft From Motor Vehicle – Unknown entry to vehicle on Monsell Drive. Suspect takes cash that was left in centre console, a sat nav and sun glasses.
- Theft from Motor Vehicle – Unknown entry to vehicle on Stonesby Avenue. Bag containing property that was in boot of car stolen.
- Theft from Motor Vehicle – Victim saw two persons trying to gain entry to his vehicle. He shouted at the suspects and they ran away. (Nothing stolen) This occurred about 4am on 12/06/18 on Goldhill area.
- Distraction Break at an elderly persons home who received a door knock at 23:00hrs. There was a male in plain clothes stating he is from the Police but luckily the occupant didn’t let him in. This is still being investigated. If you have had any similar incidents please report this via 101.
- Burglary – Garage break on Wigston Road in Oadby. Specially adapted equipment and cycle for a child with special needs was stolen from the garage along with a tumble dryer.
With regards to the above there has been a number of shed breaks and cycles being stolen. When was the last time you went to your shed or garage to check it was still locked and secure? You can get battery operated alarm units that can be purchased on the Internet or any good DIY store. Please do not put valuables in your car boot as people who have gained entry can easily go into your boot of your car.
If you have elderly friends or family, please encourage them to use their chain lock for unexpected visitors and check for ID. The elderly person did the right thing and refused entry to the person claiming to be from the Police in plain clothes and he had no ID.
We do provide chain locks and small mirrors with a reminder sign at Wigston Police Station. So if you have anyone that you care for then please feel free to pop into Wigston Police Station during opening times.
PCSO Ali Haq
Wigston Police Station.